We have noticed that you are using an older browser version

This portal is optimized for the following browser versions:

  • IE - 11
  • Edge 18 or greater
  • Firefox 69 or greater
  • Chrome 77 or greater
  • Safari 13 or greater
  • Opera 63 or greater

Note: We advise you to update to better enjoy navigation in the portal.

Skip to main content

Let us help you reach the information you're looking for. Tell us about yourself! Where are you living or where do you want to go?

If you didn't find what you are looking for, please report here.

Tens de seleccionar pelo menos uma opção

Need help? Please, click on this icon!

European Elections

    • As an EU citizen in Denmark, you have the right to choose if you want to vote for the EP elections in Denmark
    • The election for the European Parliament is held every five years in May or June in all EU Member States. The next will be in 2024

As an EU citizen, you can vote for the European Parliament if you are enrolled in the electoral register. The first time you want to vote in Denmark, you need to apply. You will then automatically stay in the register for as long as you have a permanent address in Denmark, and do not have to apply again.

Be aware that even though you have voted for local/regional elections, you are not automatically registered for EP elections.

To enroll for the EP elections in Denmark, you must fill out an application and send it to your residence municipality.

Find more information here.


You will receive your poll card by post. You may vote in advance or on election day.

To vote in advance go to any Citizen Service Centre (Borgerservice) in Denmark from 6 weeks prior to the election and no later than the Friday before election day. You must remember to bring your ID. If you have voted in advance, you cannot vote on election day.

To vote on election day you must go to the voting station indicated on your poll card, and turn your poll card over at the table indicated on the card.

They will ask you your date of birth, and possibly your name and/or address. If you for some reason did not receive your poll card or forgot it, you can still vote, but you may need to provide proof of identity, e.g. photo ID.

You will be handed a ballot paper (one for regional and one for local election). You must go into the voting booth to cast your vote. On the ballot, you must put a cross on the list/political party or specifically on the name of one candidate to cast your vote. If you make an error, you can ask for a substitute ballot.

You then have to fold the ballot paper and put it in the designated ballot box outside the voting booth.

More Info

You can read more on the website of the ministry of social affairs and the interior


Did you notice a mistake in the existing content? Help us improve it by reporting the mistake and/or suggesting a correction. You didn't find the language you were looking for? Help us reach more people by translating the content yourself!

translation – übersetzung ; oversættelse - prijevod - traducción - traduzione ; vertaling – tłumaczenie - tradução – traducere – tõlge – μετάφραση – fordítás – tulkojums – vertimas – traduzzjoni – översättning – çeviri – käännös – превод – překlad – aistriúchán – prijevod – Iwwersetzung

Approach is a collaborative system.

Are you coming from a European country and  living in Vejle still several years?

Please share your experience !

Help new Vejle Citizen of you country by translating these pages into your native language and giving some tips.

How to proceed ? Ask for an account here.

Build your custom guide for

Select the introduction or any other information sections to add to your custom guide. Look for the printer icon at the top of the page to print or download your guide.

Select All | Deselect All | Invert Selection



Please select at least one box to print later!

Go Top